Friday, November 19, 2010

My favorite platter




This platter is my favorite platter.  It is by J & G Meakin and perfectly matches the Friendly Village pieces of Johnson Bros.  The large chip on the side adds to its character.  I love making little vignettes with my Christmas decor.

Just for fun, I threw in a couple snapshots from recent travels.  The mission is in Seattle.  Love the sign!  And the church with the Celtic cross is in Chicago, not too far from Michigan Avenue.  I love the beauty of sacred symbols and anything that lures the heart to things of God. 

We have lost the mystery and sacredness of art and beauty in modern Christianity, even though our faith is built on sacred texts.  In trying to be formulaic with our approach to Jesus, we have missed so much.  Creating art is worshipping Him...all good things are from Him and for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment