Thursday, August 26, 2010

it's a busy August...




August has been a busy month.  My youngest child went away to college and I spent loads of time getting everything ready for the big event.  

Currently, I am visiting Portland, Oregon.  Here are a few pictures.  I started out in the Sellwood District, which has quite an impressive Antique Row.  There is one shop in particular - Unique Antiques - and Pat directed me to the local haunts - Starz Antique Malls - in the Westmoreland District.  East of there is the impressive, free-thinking Reed College.  I first read about this school in Donald Miller's book, Blue Like Jazz, which is one of my favorite books.  He is a wonderful author who happens to live in Portland. 

Next on the agenda is the Pearl District.  Then, we are off to Seattle.  There will be more pictures to follow.

Hint:  when trying to maneuver around a strange city, don't ask a cab driver to take you to a general area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment