Sunday, August 8, 2010

the rest of the Texas road trip

As promised, this is the rest of the junking expedition on our Texas trip plus our time at the LBJ Ranch.  The Ranch is just outside in Johnson City and there is the school pictured which LBJ attended a while.  The home he lived in as an adult is there.  It is in the process of having the master suites readied for public viewing.  It is a beautiful setting and the people of Texas have much to be proud of.

We journeyed northwest from Austin out along 2-lane highways and hit a few more stores before swing east to Fort Worth.  One of these shops is called "Berneice's" in a town called Evant..  It is owned and operated by a very sweet lady who allowed me to photograph her.  I purchased several things from her - dishes, side tables, and the like.  If I'd had my truck with me I could have made a major haul.  Oh, and I almost forgot the 4 vintage cabinet doors with glass knobs and hinges intact! 

This trip was so fun!  I can't wait to go to Texas again...



3 comments:

  1. Thoses are some cool photos of the towns and countryside out their in Texas. Hope you had a great time shopping. Thanks for sharing...Julian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    Lots of fun looking shops. I haven't been to Texas so it's fun to see some of it. Love the old huge buildings.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Annie, Thanks for stopping by. And have a great week....Julian

    ReplyDelete