Saturday, September 3, 2011

Guess Where I've Been






Yes, I've been gone awhile.  I went on a trip to San Francisco.  We spent most of our time downtown  - just a little at the Wharf.  My husband had a salesforce.com conference.  So I tagged along. 

Riding the cable cars is a treat.  We don't have those in Kansas City.  We had a wonderful dinner at Trattoria Contadina.  One dinner was barside at Jillian's, sharing a couple of appetizers.  And the trip wouldn't be complete without a meal at Boudoin's.  Gotta have that sourdough bread!

On past trips, I've toured Alcatraz and taken a ferry to Sausolito.  Muir Woods is a wonderful trip and I hope to go there on the next trip.  Coit Tower is great to see and tour.  If you are there on a Saturday, they have a wonderful market in the morning at the Ferry Building on the Wharf. 

Around the corner from our hotel was Glide Methodist Church.  They are famous for their care of the homeless.  I would love to attend a Sunday service sometime.  I heard of it first when Maya Angelou was talking about it.  The homeless ministry was featured in a movie starring Will Smith, in which he and his son stayed there. 

There is so much to see in San Francisco.  And I needed to buy a fleece while there;  on the same day I bought the fleece, it was 100 degrees here at home!

Today I visited the West Bottoms - Liberty Belle and Good Juju.  I will show you my treasures soon.  Long story short - I am rearring my kitchen eating area with an unused antique oak table and some Good Juju chairs.  Can't wait to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment