Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Heywood Wakefield - Is It Wrong to Paint It?



Okay, I may have been impatient.  But, this hutch top was abused by its previous owner - scratches, ink, water damage. 

Nothing that a coat of paint can't solve, I thought.  So I painted it with a gallon of "oops" paint from Lowe's.  Then after distressing lightly, I used Briwax with a light brown tint. 

I never think to take a "before" photo!  But you can see what the design is like.  I love it!  It is now at Good Company in Merriam, setting on a harvest table.  Kudos to Kelley, the owner, for recommending such a piece of furniture to anchor the space. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane....magnifici questi antichi oggetti, amo tutto quello che fa parte del passato!
    Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete