Saturday, July 23, 2011

When a Dealer is Glad for Missed Sales

When is a dealer glad for missed sales?...Glad when an item doesn't sale?...Glad to be hanging onto a piece of inventory?

Answer:  When the hanging wicker chair and stand from the 70's are found at Pier One Imports, as a repro, for $500!


I have held onto my hanging chair and stand, after no one paid me $59 for the set at Liberty Belle.  Now I am so thankful that I didn't sell it there.  It might get moved to River Market Antique Mall, where I can command a bigger price, but I've grown attached to it on my screened porch. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are great bargains to be had at the first Friday weekend sales in the KC West Bottoms.  I will be shopping there in a couple of weeks.  Never know what you'll find!

1 comment: